Staging your vacant home will help it stand out from the other homes in the market now in South Florida especially with the inventory of properties out there on the market.
Why Stage a Vacant Home?
Staging a Vacant Home in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, or Boynton Beach is no different than anywhere else. The market is difficult at best now and to sell your home, whether it is an investment property or your own home, you'll need to place it in a competitive position. That means it's important to understand WHY a vacant property needs to be Staged, either minimally as in vignette, or fully as in a builder's model home.
Why Stage a Vacant Home?
1. A Vacant property can come across as cold and uninviting. It is especially true in Florida where tile floors are in many of the Living Areas. Buyers will hear the echoing of their footsteps as they walk through your house. You want your Buyers to feel that "I'm Home" moment. It's hard to do that in a vacant property.
2. Vacant rooms actually appear smaller without furniture. Adding furniture is NOT trying to deceive a Buyer; you're trying to show how their furniture and lifestyle will fit into this space. This is especially important when you have a room with an unusual shape.
3. Lighting is important to create the warmth and "homeiness" of a house. Without lamps and tables, the only lighting available will be the overhead light fixtures.
4. A vacant home may signal to the buyer that the Seller may be more willing to accept a lower offer because you are already out of the house.
Take a look at a few examples of what Staging a Vacant Home can do:
Without furniture, a buyer will wonder where to place their own furniture, or if their furniture will fit. By showing the room with furniture and accessories, it provides a buyer with a point of reference.
With just a few towels, a picture and some greenery, you can take a blah bathroom and make it more appealing.
This is a large family area that needed furniture to show the Buyer how their own pieces might fit.
* If you have extra furniture, lamps, and accessories, you could use these to Stage the rooms. Or, you can beg and borrow from your friends and relatives.
* You don't have to Stage every room. Stage your major living areas, the kitchen, Master Bedroom and Bath and be sure to Stage any rooms that may be unusual in shape or purpose.
* Remember, IF you are doing this yourself, don't just toss in a hodge podge of furniture and accessories that you have sitting in the attic or basement.
HOWEVER You, can always contact a Staging Professional, who'll be able to determine what you need; work with your budget and provide the inventory for you!!
For All Your Real Estate Needs - Eva Aliaga - Boca Raton & Delray Beach, FL
Eva Aliaga is a Realtor® with Keller Williams Realty, specializing in Homes For Sale in the South Palm Beach area.
If you are looking for a Palm Beach County Realtor, call Eva for all your Southeast Florida Buying & Selling needs!
Eva Aliaga - Keller Williams Realty of Boca Raton